Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Don't Eat Five Peso Ice cream...


I left Romblon three days ago (and made it home last night), but Romblon has not left me.


Saturday the kids and I found a "hamburger joint" in the remote paradise of Romblon. The kids and I had one of the local burgers and a soda. They did not taste like cat and did not look like rat, so we thought it was a decent burger.


Considering the nearest McD was a 13 hour ship ride away we thought we were really on to something.


I wanted ice cream and they had a machine with "Homemade" ice cream on it. The "homemade" should have been my first clue.


Ice cream is my weakness. Sampson had his hair ... I have ice cream. Want me to do something? Bring ice cream.


I got the mango flavored. It was the only one they had ... which should have been another warning sign.


The ice cream went down smooth ... Sunday I could barely get up for the church service ... and I was the presiding pastor over an ordination.


I have since left Romblon, but it has not left me.


Alex tells mom I should have noticed the "Homemade"sign ...


Mom says I should know better than to eat five peso ice cream ...
By the way, don't drink the soda either ... it is actually gasoline.



2 comments:

  1. Oh, poor Todd. Do you need someone stateside to send you a ice cream maker and supplies? That would be an awesome thing for my kids to save up for. I'm glad to see you're far from the mud slides we've seen on TV, and once again I love the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, that is an option I never considered :)

    ReplyDelete